Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ninja 300 or YZF-R3?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by HeavyNinja, Mar 12, 2016.

1. I have been out and bought a helmet and whilst out sat on a ninja 300 and a virago (only because I had my mrs with me and she too wants to ride) not keen on a cruiser. However the yzf-r3 is popping up on my radar. The bike will be shared by me and the mrs (don't go there) so has to suit her at 5"2, until we can buy her a bike or I save for a ninja 650. Out of the Ninja and the yzf-r3 which would be the better bike. I totally understand at 100kg I won't get as much bang that a lighter rider would but have to compromise to begin with so my mrs can also learn to ride.

2. [​IMG]

if it's her bike, get whichever one she wants, and you save up for another one..
    you can still ride either if lowered
  3. Would be nice to get both. If we get the ninja we will get the adjustable linkages so we can both ride it. In saying that she could touch the ground on the stock height and with boots will be easier. I was flat foot knees sloghtly bent.