Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ninja 250r slip on pipe running issues

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by cazzo, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Hey all, looking for people who have installed a slip on pipe onto a Ninja 250r and are experienceing running issues high up in the rev range.

I've just put a Dan Moto carbon can onto a 2011 Ninja, primarily to make it more noticeably on the road not for performance reasons. Reading the intowebs, many people have raised the height of thier carby needles by just using a washer or three to richen the mixture up.
    After fitting the can, it would break up at just over 10,000rpm, with either one or two washers it would barely move. I spoke to one of the guys at PS Ringwood who is an apprentice mechanic and has installed a fair few cans onto Ninjas and he said they never re jet them.

I've taken the washers out and installed the silencer into the pipe which in fact makes it sound better and I've pretty much ended up back where I started.

Any suggestions? Are there any tuners in Eastern Melbourne who wont tear me a new orifice? I like to get it sorted in the next week as the owner of the bike is getting her L's very soon.