Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ninja 250r Aftermarket Fairings

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by JunSiang, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi guys, it has been some time since i got on this website.

To those who has a ninja 250r and had somehow required replacement fairings, i need your help here !

So, couple months back i had an off, and damaged my fairings, pretty badly i would say. The front is not reusable, and the rest are scratched up with tiny cracks. Made up my mind to replace them with aftermarkets. Any recommendations on where to look?

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/Kawasaki-ninja-25...1301wt_905 (this is what i'm thinking of, let me know your opinion guys)

"The fairings are press molds which means the mounts are glued on. So they do take some fitment. I've sold quite a few and everyone is pretty happy with them" This is the reply from the seller, sounds reasonable i think
  2. I've heard good stories and bad stories from china fairings

The bad ones were always fitment related too, so you'd have to be willing to put some effort into it, maybe redrill some holes if its really bad or anything like that just in case.

I reckon go for it, better than a set of destroyed plastics or paying 1.5-2k for a genuine set

PS: I don't think the link worked, at least not for me
  3. Yep that link works, although you said red and shiny but the link is for all black :p

Most of these kits you'll notice don't come with a fuel tank or tank cover as very few companies can get hold of a mould for one. So if you have a green tank and full black fairings for example it might look a bit out of place.

Either way, I'd love to see before/after pics if you go ahead with it.
  4. haha ! my mistake really, it should have been a link to the red, but thats the same seller. The seller is from austmotorcycle, pimpama. anyone tried that?
  5. In case you're interested...

Wet4U sell genuine Ninja fairings. Cheaper than going retail. But not as cheap as the eBay ones you listed. :)

Good to deal with. Delivered as promised.

Note: you'll need to also order decals (which I bought from the US).

6. Try Moto 777 They are the best of the Chinese ones, Come painted and with decals already on, You have to drill some of the holes out a bit bigger to fit them, But the holes are in the right spot.
  7. Really good suggestions here. Thanks for all the responses. I might actually decide to go with wet4u. Seems to be worth it. About moto 777, seems like they only have one colour, and with varying prices with the same images. Not quite sure what to make of it. Might just shoot them a message and find out. Thanks though, keep the responses coming in, as im not in a hurry and i want to buy something i wont regret.
  8. BUMP!!! - anyone know of any good aftermarket ninja fairing providers? Not interested in the chinese ebay - plastic pressed junk, know someone who ordered them and had massive massive issues.