Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ninja 250 tyres

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by PilotPete, Apr 7, 2009.

1. My flat-mate and i both picked up our new 250r's last week and have found that when we are going around a tight corner or one requiring a steep lean angle the back wheel seems quite unstable. How hard should we be able to push it around corners for the first 500k's. For those wondering, there is power to the wheels and we aren't braking. Could it be the new tyres still wearing in? and can anyone reccomend a good set of tyres for the ninja 250

2. are your tyres at the right pressure?
  3. i would assume so considering they are new but ill give it a check, it is getting better though, plus my confidence is going up.
  4. Dont be silly for a few hundred kays and you should be right.

I can scrape my toes on mine, so you shouldnt have any trouble leaning it over after that. Just remember it is a bloody skinny tyre, and you will probably want to sell your bike for top dollar to get a bigger one very soon :p
  5. The uneasy feeling can also be just a confidence thing.
  6. I'm with nightgash on this one.
    The only other thing that I can think of is that as they are new tyres if your mate went on to parts of the tyres haven't been used before they may still have the wax coating on them.
  7. I just went on my first proper ride down cotter rd in canberra if anyone knows it, was awesome fun. I checked the pressure and had a good look at my tyres before i left and about a inch on either side of the tyre had a oily film on it. It's gone now