Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ninja 1000 club

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by the_blacke, May 30, 2012.

1. Hi folks,

seems there's a few of us with the Z1000SX now, so I thought I'd crack open a new thread for you to share what you've done to your beauty.

I haven't done a lot to mine yet:

Fitted:
    Arrow exhausts
    R&G Front Axle Sliders
    R&G Swingarm Sliders
    R&G Engine Sliders
    R&G Bar End Sliders
    Oxford Heated Grips
    RAM Mount brake fluid reservoir camera mount

Planning:
    Some sort of luggage option
    Adonised brake fluid reservoir
    R&G Engine Covers

2. This currently the favored bike should I retire the 9R.

Nice looking bike you have there.

- - -
    Tapatalking loud, saying somethin'

3. Now that looks like a Stay Upright photo shot. I am sure we said hello on the day.
    ***Cough Cough**** comes with ABS***Cough Cough**** :cheeky:

4. My Ninja 650L wants to be a 1000 when she grows up, LOL! :)

5. Here, have a strepsil. :)

- - -

6. I've got the naked version!!!
    I was convinced I 'needed' a full fared bike & then I saw the 2010 Z1000 & fell in lurv.
    Then, 6 months later, the SX was released,,,,DOH!!!
    I'm very happy with my choice & if anything were to happen, I'd get another one in a heartbeat.
    Would definitely give the SX a serious thought (basically the same bike :))

7. Well I have done a couple of things to mine so far...

But most important of all, the name is now right :)

Ninja.

8. Good as new Pilgrim.

9. ... Can I post 1/4 of my bike, as it's a 250... J/k.. Nice. </jealous>

10. Nothing that can't be disconnected or otherwise overcome....

BTW ...@ the_blacke......enjoy your bike, great choice...go team green..

11. I'd always been a fan of naked myself - gs500, z750 - and I very very nearly went for the naked Z1000 ... but something about the sweet, smooth lines of the faired version just seduced me away from the angry angles of the naked.

Oh and the extra 4 litres in the fuel tank was a winner too... difference between filling up once a week and twice a week. Well some weeks anyway...

12. I *bought* this bike because it had ABS.

I know some of the die hard "real" riders don't like ABS if they're taking their bikes onto the tracks ... I'm not one of those and training aside, I've done all my riding on the roads, and 90% of it in commuting traffic.

All I know is that when I press the "Oh Shit" button, my right foot goes down harder than it should. I still work at getting it under control, because I want my technique to be the best it can be, but having locked up the rear of my Z750 as I was coming in too hot into a downhill lefthander in Toolangi, I decided that ABS could well mean the difference between being able to tighten my line, and being a statistic.

I'm not going to tell anyone else what to ride, but I won't ride a street bike without ABS - I know my right foot too well.

13. That is one big screen, Pilgrim.

Not done much to my Ninja 1000 - previous owner did the tail tiday.

I've only added snakeskin grips and a fluffy brake resevoir cover (best mod).

I have some urban brawlers on order from the US but they are taking ages. I've read that these are very loud.

14. Actually it isn't as big as it appears, was thinking to myself that in the pic I posted, it looked larger than normal..

Think it had something to do with the angle I took the photo on, it is a standard size Puig screen, is a bit bigger thant the standard one but not by much, also it looks best in the middle position, unlike the standard one that looks pants in all but the lowest position..

Will try to put up a better shot that shows the screen a bit more, plus the other extras :)

15. Yeah I agree - I looked at it again and It doesn't seem much bigger than the OEM one.

I think I'm just used to mine being in the lowest position (I never move it, so I forget what it looks like raised).

16. Was more at having a dig at Mr die Hard Rob. I too have ABS and wish my next bike had it.

17. Rear stomp and sliding rear has about the same deceleration as a rear stomp and ABS firing.

ABS has a place. The ninja 1000's ABS is two totally independent wheels, a simple high frequency two channel ABS. If you snap on the brake, it will increase your stopping distance compared to a practiced brake. If you brake hard in a corner, the ABS might cause you problems. If there's low traction, it might mess with your ride.

If you understand how u brake, when and where and know ur ABS, it shouldnt cause any headaches.

I expect to be installing an off button. There isn't one at present.

- - -

18. These bikes look great....

Don't tarnish them with the Ninja badge....

ZED1000-SX all the way fellas

19. Not when it starts sliding sideways :) Well maybe better riders than I could still decelerate with the same effectiveness under those conditions, but not me.

But enough of my incompetent braking - I want more gorgeous pics of these bikes!!!