Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nightwatch Trilogy

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by The Rocketeer, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Has anyone heard of, or more importantly read the Russian nightwatch trilogy? anyway the english release of the 2nd film "daywatch" is finally out :applause:
    The film was released in Russian back in Jan '06, and its taken them well over a year to finally make it over here... I got hooked after working in the cinemas and from boredom (i used to watch all the flicks that previewed) stumbled across the 1st film.

has ANYONE heard of the nightwatch?? Maybe i'll have better luck finding an attractive, single girl on world of warcraft or something...

Maybe I should broaden the subject to "Good foreign films". and don't confuse it with the†late-night-foreign-p0rn-on-SBS".
  2. I've watched both of the films. Ok, but a bit "meh".

And I'm not a girl. Though I do have fantastic legs.
  3. I loved the first one.
    One of teh things i was really impressed about was how they incorporated the subtitles into the film.
    Apparently they didn't do this for teh DVD release they just put the subtitles along the bottom as normal, which REALY SUCKS!
    speaking with a Russian friend apparently the translations are sometimes prety dodgy
    I am looking forward to the second installment.
  4. Yep, picked up the DVD last week. Had no idea what it was but it was cheap and you can't go wrong with a russian vampire movie can you?

I was really impressed. The story was pretty fragmented but that kinda fed into the style of it. I'm gonna have to watch it again to really get how big daddy daywatch dude was planning what happened at the end.

Will definately catch Daywatch.
  5. Tis good to see a flick that isn't another Hollywood "spit out".

I did enjoy both these, though they are hard to follow etc.
  6. Saw Nightwatch at the cinema and, like Falcon-Lord, loved the way they did the subtitles. I'm really looking forward to seeing the 2nd and 3rd movies as well.
  7. I've seen both movies and really enjoyed them.

I saw the first one at the cinema here.

And I saw the second one in May last year. It's taken a very long time for it to be released internationally.

Even thought the books are a trilogy, they've been made only into 2 movies.
  8. Yea, i needed to watch it a couple of times to really understand/appreciated it. the subtitles were very well incorporated (loved the way when the vampires talked, the blood letters would fade away)
    Hopefully the 2nd will be as good, only a few cinemas are screening it (no suprise as its not "hollywood" endorsed)

As for the books, i just had to buy them all, and its awsome... Definately worth a visit to ur local library (If they don't have it, then go buy it!)
    It expains stuff that gets lost in translation (both from book- movie, and the language barrier)

last film/book is called the Twilight watch FYI :)