Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nicky Hayden to Ducati

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by flea, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Check out the following forum discussion from Speed TV

http://www.speedtv.com/forums/viewthread/283293/

looks like a done deal, no official annoucement yet though.

I'm very excited. :grin:

2. Excited about what? Seeing the two most boring title-winners of recent years, including a man who won only two races in his championship season (one at his home track that nobody else had ridden before), on the same bike?

Woo f*cken hoo.

3. what can i say, he's hot and i'm biased :p

but apart from that i think it will be very interesting to see if he can handle the ducati

4. Well he sems like a very nice man from all accounts, but I get the feeling he'd prefer to be riding one of these:

steam-powered-fucking-machine.

5. hot??
    NO!!!
    he looks like keanu reaves!!!
    totally not hot.

6. Is there anyone you actually DO like watching, in motorcycle racing?
    (Just askin', like :wink: )

7. I like lots of 'em, especially the ones who fight their arses off. Where's Gibbers and Capirex when you need em?

8. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69209

So how does this work, would he have had a secret ride on the bike to decide if it's good? Do riders "audition" for their rides? Or would there just be an assumtion that he'll do a good job based on his riding style??

9. Interesting thing was that when Wayne Gardner rode all last year's MotoGP bikes for Rapid mag, he found the Ducati to be the best on the brakes, and the best on its side, in his opinion, of the lot. He also said the Bridgestones were far and away the most mindblowing tyre he's ever played with.

10. Well Stoner is realizing the on the side bit… Bumber his breaking “Sucks balls’ (I believe is the comment is it not Loz?)

11. His riding is very good, but he doesn't opt to fight, so he sucks balls.

By the way, there's only one b in bum.

12. There is however 2 m's

13. It doesn't matter what NH rides, he won't be a factor in the Title.
    His time has come and gone. He only has one more world championship than any of us.

14. Only one more title than the rest of us......Nicky and Casey are the only ones who have beaten Valentino to the world championship since he won his first in 2001.

When I watch the review from Nicky's championship win in 2006 you realise just how well he was riding that 990cc RC211V. He was brilliant, even if Rossi did have bad luck.

I think once Nicky gets on the Ducati we will begin to see him fighting for the podium much more again and even wins. I'm not saying he will win the title, but he does have a lot of talent with high-powered bikes.

He'll suit the Ducati much more.

Oh and I spoke to him today...sitting on his couch not real happy about missing Brno! The great thing about him is he just loves riding and racing and is always a nice guy.

:grin:

15. Lets hope that you are right, Alex.
    Lorenzo and Dovi will have something to say about it, I'm sure.

16. Hmm , Ducati planning a big push into the US market again?

Arh, they say racing is not about the bike it’s about the riders, but as far as the Ducati MotoFP team is concerned, I reckon it’s all about the ‘bike’. That team is behind their bikes like no other I reckon. The other teams just look like they’re hiring wheels to scoot their riders & sponcer names around with.
    But that’s good in racing. It’s good to get some passion behind the spanners.