Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nice place you have here (my intro)

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by FatBoy_T, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Hi everybody,

Having lurked around here for ages soaking up the awesome amount of information that has been posted (seriously, every question I've ever had has been answered by searching - this is such a great resource), it's probably about time I introduced myself.

I'm another newbie (my bike and I have done about 2500km together since we started in mid-February). I'd wanted to ride for nearly a decade to varying degrees, but recently I somehow convinced my wife that a bike would be a handy form of supplemental transport. I'm still not quite sure how that happened. Now I've gone from that to commuting into the city at least twice a week, the way childcare and shift patterns have worked out.

I ride a KTM 390 Duke, which was at the top of my short list of bikes based on feature-type criteria and seemed to be the most manageable and fit me the best out of the bikes I test rode. So far no regrets on that decision. The only problem with my bike is that I don't get to ride it as much as I want!

I love riding just as much as I expected to. I'm attracted to the simple minimalism of motorcycling vs driving - just sitting atop your compact means of propulsion, nothing that you don't need. I love the intimate connection between rider and machine, the way the bike reacts so directly to your input. It's so much more involving than driving. The physics of it all appeals to my nerdier side too. I also like the camaraderie between riders - for the most part riders seem to accept and support each other without question which is very refreshing in an otherwise cynical world. I think that's reflected on this forum too - as far as the internet goes, it seems to be a pretty friendly, respectful place.

Anyway, that's probably enough of an introduction. Some time soon I should make an appearance at a practise session at Homebush, so I can book in to get my Ps.

See you on the road,

Chris.

(P.s. The nickname is not a Harley reference - just something I've carried around since high school).

2. Welcome

You are right great source of information and other than the odd thread that goes of the rails it is a supportive forum.

Enjoy the duke.

Cheers Jeremy

3. Howdy young fella, welcome.

4. Welcome Chris, very distinguished first name you have there. ;)

5. Hello and welcome to NR !

6. Thanks for the kind words about our little forum!