Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs - any views?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by jd, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Looking at replacing the plugs currently in the bike mainly because I have no idea how long the current ones have been in there and the bike is starting to become somewhat tempremental about starting. The current plugs are NGK CR8E's but I've noticed that "Iridium" tipped plugs are also available. So the question is has anyone used these and noticed a difference and what sort of price difference is there between the standard plugs and the iridium type?

2. Only from personal experience;
    Tried them on a couple of 650 singles and a twin...proved a total waste on all those bikes.
    Back to standard plugs for all of them.

3. Love them to bits. Ill never forget the first time I put iridium plugs in. The difference was amazing. Its the only thing I run now. I change them every 2nd oil change (10000ks).

(just finished putting a new set in the blade....all ready for tomorrow ;))

4. Was going to give these plugs a try but figured that the price was a bit excessive (3 times the cost of normal plugs!). Fitting a new set of standard plugs made enough difference anyway - the bike actually starts now.

5. Difference as in power, responsiveness, smell :?: