Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Next Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by smidsy, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Hei Guys,
    Coming up for my open licence in a couple of weeks and starting to think about the next bike.
    I've been riding an XVS650, but at 150kg it seems to be working very hard at 100k, and at 6'1 I only just fit on it - if I wear work boots the extra height of the boots makes me cramped to the point of being dangerous.
    Budget is only $5k - $6k includng what I get for the XVS, and I know that won't get me a decent large cruiser.
    I've seen a few GSF1200's around in my budget, and without sitting on one they look large enough for me.

Anyone got any thoughts on what would be a good cheap next bike - my riding is just cruising, hoping to do some longer rides when I get back to Bris.

2. $5-6 k including the $$ from selling the Yammy?

Don't they usually sell 2nd hand for $6-7k? Can often get a bigger bike for same price as a LAMS cruiser as they're sought after.

Look for an xv1100
  3. My XVS is an 02, redbooks shows the value as $4500-$5400. I haven't seen them that age going for more than $5k.
    I've enjoyed the XVS, (although a bit more leg room would be nice) but thinking I'd like something a bit sportier for a second bike.
  4. See if you can find the XVS1300, they're a great fit for a taller rider. When I was looking for my first bike I wanted an XVS650 but found it was way too tight in the legroom (I'm 6'3"), but the 1300 was perfect. Unless you want to try something different to a cruiser.