Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News: Motorcycle speed record attempt of 530+kph

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Feb 23, 2006.

1. A Suzuki Hayabusa-engined motorcycle "the Ack Attack" will attempt to break the 16 year old world FIM land speed record at South Australia's Lake Gairdner in early March.

... more

This is an automated posting of a new news item added to Netrider News by JD.

2. SO WHAT!?!?!?!

My Spada will do that speed!!!!!!!!!

....out the back of an aeroplane. :p

3. Yeah, on the Eastern freeway.

4. yep and after he does it he will join netrider and he will post his efforts on here :LOL:

5. LOL @ yer pic mate :LOL:

Now geddouda here.... WOOF!

6. What is the caption on the cat's hat?

7. My hornet does that on unsealed roads, with infant pillions - why not try and go FAST?

Anyone ever se the footage of a crazy guys from the 30s? who tried every stunt ever known - onluding strapping himself inside the front of a special train - taking it to 600kmh and then stopping it over 10metres (thats METRES).

His eyes almost burst, he had bleeding from everything at the front of his body - inlcuding eyes, will see if i can find some pics...he was nuts, this was only one of the thngs he did.

8.  Top
  9.  Top
  10.  Top
  11. Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but undii, if you don't mind my asking, how much is the new Daytona 675 gonna set you back all together? (onroad costs and all)

(I noticed you have a deposit on one in your avatar)

From what I've read, they're a sweet bike.

12. Low speed stabilizing wheels? Is that the technical name for training wheels?

13. 14.890 + ORC, is about $16,200..

Just waiting for them to arrive in Australia. Spending everyday reading online/magazines about them to help me wait. hehe

14. Just goes to show that there is a time and a place for going fast - Lake Gairdner March 6-10 :). And for those people that claimed a stock Aprilia RS250 has a higher top speed than the current record of 209kph - here's your chance to actually prove it (you can make yourself famous at the same time).