Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News: Motorcycle Industry Forum in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' at netrider.net.au started by ForumBot, Feb 28, 2006.

1. "Two wheels to the future". A motorcycling Industry Forum convened by VACC, with the participation of RACV, TAC, Vic Roads and motorcycle riders and industry representatives.

... more

This is an automated posting of a new news item added to Netrider News by Netrider.

2. This looks rather interesting.

The registration form makes no mention of any cost associated with attending. Could be worth checking out, given our lengthy debate of lanesplitting legislation and other current issues.

3. The MRAA has been invited to present around the paper I submitted to the Congestion Inquiry and there'll be a presentation on roadside hazards. I don't know about other presenters (apart from Marcus Wigan)

They have about 80 registrations to date (about what they were expecting). The Minister may also be attending but last I heard it hadn't been confirmed.

TonyE

edited to clean up typos

4. Just spoke to Susan Green at the VACC - there's no charge to attend.

5. I'm loving the image of a woman without adequate protective gear on a scooter in the city. Well done to all involved with making this flyer relevant to the larger motorcycling community.

6. Maybe it's aimed at promoting the benefits of motorcycling to the broader non-riding community. The people who might find it a bit hard to identify themselves with a leather-clad sportsbike rider, perhaps?

(I agree with you re the lack of protective gear, though.)

7. Would this not be a great time to demonstrate our feelings about the proposed new lane splitting / filtering legislation.
    I will be there.

8. if there a few of us going maybe catch before hand for coffee and arrive on mass? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If I can get a leave pass I am very interested in attending