Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News interview

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mattb, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I'm on a bike tour at the moment which started Monday morning, when I rode for an hour and a half on the slow SR500 and pulled up at a cafe in Ballarat. I was utterly frozen such that I was a bit brain-dead and was having trouble counting out my change for a coffee, when a few people there complimented my on my bike, asked me if I'd heard of some new licensing proposal (which I hadn't) and whether they could interview me about it. The next moment there was a camera and a beautiful blonde with a microphone and questions and I was being interviewed by Win News about some proposal for further education of car drivers which would include awareness of motorcyclists. Then they filmed me as I geared up and rode off.

I didn't see it (Monday evening news for regional Victoria). An in-law of my brother apparently saw it. Did anybody else? As I say I was brain-dead, and I just mumbled some meaningless replies. Partly I was waiting for some implicitly anti-motorcycling question, and was trying to communicate that any changes to motorcycle licensing must be evidence-based and designed to encourage safety rather than be designed to be prohibitive of motorcycling. I thought of plenty of good things to say afterward, but at the time I time I was just trying make coherent sentences. :facepalm: