Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News: British riders welcome speed cameras rethink

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by ForumBot, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The British Motorcyclists Federation (BMF) has welcomed the announcement by UK Transport Secretary, Alistair Darling, that there is going to be more flexibility over speed camera policy.

... more

This is an automated posting of a new news item added to Netrider News.

2. Great, and I'm sure we'll follow suit here immediately, won't we?

3. Great work on the newsbot by the way guys, I don't think I've ever looked at the news pages before and I'm sure a lot of work goes into them!
  4. *joins queue to emigrate to the UK*
  5. This forumbot guy is just trying to get his post count up :p
  6. Looking over your shoulder already, eh Paul? :LOL:
  7. Terrified :D

One thing's for sure, he's never likely to get warned or banned! :LOL:
  8. garn spammers.... :LOL:
    nice work on the bot :)
  9. Thanks. Yup, a fair bit of work does indeed go into the news, and getting 'ForumBot' working for the forums took some tricky programming and debugging :) We hope to raise the profile of the news, so ForumBot should help with that. www.motorcyclenews.com.au should help too :)

Keep your eye on ForumBot too ... s/he will soon pop-up with integration in other area's too, eg. events calendar :)
  10. Newsflash - The formubot has been banned for being a racist bigot, and posting an offensive article about lebanese gangs hanging lane splitting asian drug dealers, on the beach at Cronulla.
  11. You and vic can stick that up your RSS.
  12. The bloody forum page recent post list is now ticking over so damn fast you're gonna have to increase it to the latest 45 posts I reckon!
  13. You can thank efforts of organisations such as www.safespeed.org.uk, and others, for not just sitting back and accepting the governments decisions as being wise, just because they are the government.

Steady pressure from various sources over a long period of time starts to hurt politicians... maybe we could learn a bit from the lobbying that goes on over there.
  14. Will forumbot come on any rides?
  15. I've found a photo of ForumBot, along with some video of his riding style. Puts me to shame. Get a knee down botty!
  16. Bloody hell, Forumbot's a squid!
  17. ATTACK!!!!!!