Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News article: "Don't trust men with beards and long hair"

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mikey213, Jun 7, 2012.

1. http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...-men-with-beards/story-e6frfkvr-1226386928637

Are ken lay and peter ryan serious? don't trust men with beards and long hair... lol, unless its for religious reasons and then its okay and you should trust them.

As someone pointed out what about the police with tattoos, should we not trust and respect them because they look like bikies with their tattoos, or afl players because they have full sleeves and some stubble.

What a stupid comment to make.. the public don't respect police enough because they don't do their job properly, there is a lot of corruption and laziness, and the public don't think they're doing what they're supposed to do and get paid to do.

That's why they're not respected enough in today's society.. Today/yesterday there is a bloke who almost got ran off the road in the wet.. and the police said there was nothing they could do, even though they have proof.

That is laziness and not enforcing the law, if i got into a car and then tried to run over a pedestrian or ram a cop car off the road, id get the book thrown at me, what about this bloke? he almost gets cleaned up and gets no help what-so-ever.

I don't think i look at what people look like and auto-assume they can't be trusted.. stereotyping at its worst.

2. huh..
    it's the ones with religous reasons i don't trust
  3. Go The Beards - If your Dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two Mums. Great song.
  4. So what would Peter Ryan say about this bloke?
  5. The Beards, funny band. All of the men in my family have beards.
  6. That's GOLD, smee. :D

I guess then this spells trouble for all the saints & holy men from all the cultures around the world. Damn! That's WW3 fodder now.
  7. A dress code is a dress code. Most workplaces have them. I don't really see the issue.

The fact that they feel the need to justify it is what is stupid.
  8. I have a beard and long hair...:eek:hno:
  9. My companies policy is clean shaven or established facial hair. My section doesn't care about this much. Two of us have beards, one clean shaven and two have varying levels of stubble and moustaches, depending on thier mood and day of the week.
  10. I always knew there was something not right about you. :D

Ok, added you to the 'Do not trust People' App on my iPhone just now.
  11. I have always thought that the ruling that said that allowing discrimination on the basis of long hair being ok on women and not being ok on men sucked but it's not hard to see why that sort of stupid ruling exists when the people responsible for governing us have such out of date and closed minds.

Beards and long hair should be treated as a hygiene issue... as long as they're kept washed and clean and neat then it should never be allowable to discriminate against staff or potential staff because of it.

Oh, and despite the fact I have short hair I have a couple of male employees with long hair (and yes a couple are in customer facing positions so yeah my money is where my mouth is).
  12. Its the statement that the public don't trust the police because of their facial hair/haircut.. and the generalisation that people with such attributes shouldn't be trusted.

also smee LOL
  13. Peter Ryan is Ken Lay's sock puppet. He made that clear his first week in the job, and he just keeps proving it.
    And when Ken's done, it won't be just the police force that this will apply to. He's that kinda guy.
  14. No Santa, NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!
  15. Does this mean that we cannot trust women with short hair now? :D
  16. . . . I must be getting old timer's disease or something, because time seems to be going backwards. Didn't we get all this conservative rubbish out of the way in the 60s and 70s? Didn't we send men to the moon and have a sexual revolution and get equal rights across race, creed, gender...

Now it's all going backwards. What's next? You'll need a prescription to get contraceptives? Any form of sex education banned? Short back n sides and clean shaven, wearing a tie, or no job? When are we going to see women back on half the money men make? Or sent home to cook and wash up so as not to take a man's job?

Are we going to ban abortion again? Can you really trust women to vote?

What about the white Australia policy? Is that on the way back as well?

... I was going to make reference to McCathyism and the reds under the bed thing, but I guess now we have the war on terrorism - the 'War that will not end in our lifetimes' as we were told the day it was declared. I guess that's the modern version, and it isn't all that funny.

Through the 50s and 60s the mainstream media was intensely conservative and pro establishment. By the 80s, it was liberal and quite seditious, in a humorous way. Today, the only media I can find in this country that isn't peddling a rightwing conservative agenda is the ABC, where some bits are right, some left and some neutral. Everybody else seems to want to bring back neck to knee swimsuits, 9pm curfews, ...

Why do people want to live in gated communities, where everything is regulated and controlled? Didn't our fathers and grandfathers fight to preserve our freedom? Why are some so keen to throw it away?
  17. Fear.
  18. Jesus that was a good post smee