Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newly Licensed rider

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mrkotter, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Yes its another one of 'those' threads. I'm excited I passed the MOST test.

I incurred no points and thought it was pretty straight forward, only 3 out of the 5 passed. I did learn a bit from the road ride - buffer more.

In the test, one lady on a scooter locked the front brake on the emergency stop and crashed. I really didn't think it was possible to do that.

The other bloke failed by putting his foot down and crossing the far yellow line in the U-turn. The instructor explicitly said you can do one or the other but not both in the test, so I wonder how that happened. It was a ZZR so the turning circle isn't great.

So I'm pretty excited for when the RTA opens Monday morning. Now I'm gonna be scouring the classifieds for a nice upgrade bike for the next 12 months. Yes I will keep a level head in that time.

Good luck to the rest of you learners considering going for your P's, don't lock your front brake and listen to the instructor.
  2. Congratulations MrKotter, Now the fun can begin :)
  3. Congrats !!!!!!!!!!
  4. Congrats,
    and let the fun begin!
  5. Congratulations! It's a good feeling isn't it? I got my full licence in Vic a week ago. Funny, it never really bothered me having an L plate on the back, but now that it's gone it suddenly feels really good without it!