Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newly Licensed, Looking for Wheels in WA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Auscon, Jul 9, 2007.

1. First post, but I've been lurking around for a good 6 months now :) Don't have any mates that are riders, so this place has been my main source of info, and a damn good one at that.

I've always been a fan of bikes, but what finally got me to actually start taking lessons was to save money getting to, and parking at work. After my first lesson the thought of cost saving as my primary motivation was out the window though, just had way too much fun. Got my license just over a week ago.

Now I'm in the market for my first bike....but not as plentiful a market as I thought it would be (250's, WA).

Aiming for around $4000-4500, sports bike - nothing too old, just something reliable and in good nik, but can hardly find anything. For some reason I always assumed there would be a huge range to choose from in my pricerange, but i've been scanning the papers and a whole bunch of online classifieds and haven't really come up with much to choose from.

Anyone here had similar problems looking for a good affordable 250 in WA?

I'll be riding on the freeway quite a bit, 20k each way to work. Will be moving closer to work in around 1 month but then i'll be riding the same distance on the freeway to see my girl & mates. Because of this I'm deciding against Aprilia RS125/Honda CBR125 that were a part of my initial list - want something thats still going to have a bit of pace to burn on the freeway if its needed, and something that won't get pushed around too much by strong winds.

At the moment, looking at the GPX250R as a decent affordable first bike, but considering my budget and what's available I really can't be picky in any way, and I don't want to wait too long to get one! :)