Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newish rider with question about GPX250

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Spidapig, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Hi all hopefully this is the right forum for this question. I have just bought a 06 GPX and would love to know the actually capacity of the fuel tank. I have asked at bike shops and get different answer so am totally confussed. Im that worried about running out of fuel i find myself filling up about every 200 km and that takes about 10 litres. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Dude, you have an 18 litre tank.

I think it's a 4 litre reserve.

10 litres per 200km is not a brilliant fuel economy for a gpx, so you must be giving it some berries. Good on ya.

Learn how to use the reserve switch. Ride it until you splutter, then switch to reserve and fill it up ASAP and you will confirm your tank capacity.

:)

3. Thanks for that. I think the bike also needs a good service. Maybe that will help with the fuel economy

4. 2 Liter Reserve
    So it is 16 before you switch over and then 2 till she is dry.
    Or about 10% on the reserve

5. I just got rid of my GPX, awesome little bike.

Tank capacity is 18lt, reserve 4lt. I got 350kms out of her frequently & did not hit reserve. When I first got her I thought I'd see where she hit reserve but I was never game enough to keep going after 350km. Fuel economy was 4 - 4.5 lt per 100km, which (in theory) should give you 90 to 100km worth of fuel if you hit reserve; or at your rate of consumption 80kms :grin:

6. My ZZR is essentialy the same as the GPX...

I find I get nearly 400kms before hitting reserve and then usualy squeeze 16ltrs in.

So for all the statisticians out there thats bang on 4.0lt/100kms or a bee's dick above 70miles/gallon in old terminology...

7. i thought it was 3L and i own one too.. all i know is i fill up after 380kms and throw about 15L in. unless its game on and i hit reserve after 200

8. My eyesight's gone at the end of the day: I thought this thread was titled "Jewish rider with question about GPX250"!

I was trying to work out what it could possible be!

9. we are all of different religion and all ride so come together and ride i say.

do i hear an AMEN ?.. cmon now.

10. Sooooo, we all agree that it's an 18l tank... but we've got mentions of a 4l reserve, 2l reserve, 3l reserve and in an earlier thread on the exact same topic there was the mention of a 1l reserve.

WTF is the gpx's reserve capacity? :LOL:

I was pretty sure mine was 4l.

11. well the owners manual and workshop manual say nothing other than the 18 capacity.. i have just heard many people say it was 3 but they could be wrong.. I've covered about 70kms on reserve with no issues so it has to be around 3 or 4..

12. well me n the old man share an 07 gpx. (both learners)

i commute evry day on it and the odd pleasure ride, he goes on saturday/sunday for rides.

we get 350-400, never had to use reserve, which may be a bad thing cause wont be in the habit of it when it happens BUT we seem to get by on this.

hope that helps somewhat XD

13. I have a ZZR which is pretty much the same as a GPX, and I get around 400kms as well. I used to get less until I got the carbs balanced.

14. Thanks all for the responses, its amazing the amount of different answers you get but i will work on 18 litres and work out from there when i should be filling up.

Thanks again

15. deleted post