Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newish rider from Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Reedy97, May 4, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm Cameron from North Ryde, Sydney. Had my L's since the start of Feb and I figured it was about time I introduced myself into the forums. I own a Honda CB125E and was riding a bit here and there but not nearly enough due to other distractions. Got back on the bike yesterday for the first time in a month and remembered just how much fun it is!

So I look forward to practicing a bit more and getting my P's. Eventually I hope to save up some more money and get a bigger bike as it was all I could afford at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. welcome aboard :]
  3. G'day and welcome, Cameron. You can't go wrong with a Honda CB, a great bike to progress through your Ls to your P-plates in the city.
  4. Hi buddy i just got my licence today ive never gad so much fun if your ever out west riding let me know we could noob together lmao
  5. Thanks for the warm welcome. I definitely agree that it is a great bike to start on, however I think that I will start looking for something a bit bigger once I can start saving some money after a trip to Thredbo in July.

Senator I would love to get together some time. What area are you in?
  6. I'm in castle hill buddy but happy to meet up mid way or so and have a ride i really need all the practice i can get in lol
  7. Would be great to do that but I will have to find some time. I'm in year 12 and I will be working everyday this week...
  8. Howdy Cameron, welcome to NR!
  9. G'day Cameron, welcome to the site and a way of life others can either love or loathe
  10. Hi Cameron, welcome to NR and please be careful on the road safety always comes first and enjoy your ride.
  11. Welcome to NR..
  12. Welcome mate. You will pro tire of the little CB pretty fast, but save the pennies and spend wisely down the track. Feel free to come for a ride, I have plenty of time of on weekdays.
  13. Welcome to the forum!

Check out the Sydney Learner Sessions held at Homebush every Saturday at 13h00 - see seperate thread under Ride and Events / NSW /

Well worth the visit to practice the slow stuff and to meet the many other riders going through similar experiences to what you are.
  14. Thanks for the replies guys, will definitely come along to a learner session sometime. Its great to know that there is plenty of support out there for new riders.