Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

newie in adelaide

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by geesexar, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Hi guys, newie to netriders. Im in adelaide and ride an 88 gsxr750. Being an older...read mature..ha!ha!...rider and family man...I dont get to get out as much as i'd like to...but if there's anyone who wants to organise a spin at some stage...I would most definately be in it. my gixxer is my latest bike...and lovin it...had a katana1100 a few years back....2 CB1100R's...Z1000J...hot honda 4..and asorted dirt bikes....anyway...hope to see ya's on the road soon....caio :D

2. Hey mate, you should try and make it down to our coffee night on Wednesdays at 7:30...
  3. woo-hooo another 'mature' rider to play with!!
    Have you got any pics you can post of your previous bikes? We had a lively discussion a few weeks back about the influence of the amazing Katana on the style of today's bikes (I hated it first came out, but appreciate it greatly now....)
    Oh, and welcome to the asylum without walls!
    {Watch out for FBF, he's a dangerous man.....!!!} :LOL:
  4. I'm not dangerous!!! Things just always seem to get dangerous when I'm around :p :LOL:
  5. re: 88 gsxr

hi guys....yeah wouldnt mind a coffee on a wednesday nite...where do you all meet?...The kats have a bulletproof motor....I was a honda man when they came out, so i was a bit biased toward my 1100R...but they grew on me...they were way ahead of their time....i've only got analogue photos of my old bikes and i havent set my scanner up to new computer...the photos sit proudly in my fav room in my house....THE BAR ROOM....The gsxr handles and goes way better than the kat.....Iwould love to ride a later model...but the bucks aint there....motorcycling used to be a poormans sport....I bought my 1100R...basically handbuilt from the factory for $6000...These days $6000 buys you nothing....caio