Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newcastle To Perth- Need To Ship Bike Back.

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by krabi, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Hello wise sages,
    Heading off to Perth around New Years and need to be there by the 6th of January (4 day Biannual conference I attend). So, giving myself around 7-8 days to do the trip. However, won't be riding back as too long a time to be away from my family and pregnant wife. (still working out my route)

I want to send my bike on the back of a truck (backlot) as I hear it is a cheaper option than train. Starting to do some Google searches and seems my Google Fu is letting me down.
    Just need to know how I would start organising this? Where would I go? Do I go to a company or do I approach an individual trucker while at Perth? Anyone here know of a trucker that goes to Sydney (preferably Newcastle) and Perth regularly enough?

2. Shame it's not Melbourne to Perth or I'd ride it over for you if you'd pay my train ticket back. Sounds like a fun excuse for a road trip :D
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Try this place:
    They're the ones I used to move my two bikes (and a few other items) from Victoria to Brisbane, and I know they do try and use empty trucks or combine partial loads to keep the cost as low as possible.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. #4 cjvfr, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Try one of the posted Vendors on Netrider.

Or if you want to arrange a back haul transport, you will need to arrange the bike protection, e.g. pallet yourself and then there are companies that act as go between for back haul organization.

e.g. Freightmatch
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the links, just needed some starting terms and ideas.:)