Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newcastle to National Motorcycle Museum Nabiac 12 Dec

Discussion in 'NSW' started by buzzawak, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Start time and location:
    Broadmeadow Maccas 8:30am
    106 Lambton Rd Broadmeadow

The National Motorcycle Museum at Nabiac

Blurb about the Museum:
    The National Motorcycle Museum houses a private collection of 750 motorcycles and an enormous
    array of memorabilia from 1911 to the 1980s, all displayed undercover in an area covering half an acre.
    Some of the favourite machines on display are the Kenilworth scooter (1919), the twin cylinder
    water-cooled two stroke Scott, and the Vincent Black Knight. There is an excellent range from the
    early nineteen hundreds, and a lot of very interesting later machines. Allow an hour or two to have
    a good look around and read some of the interesting history presented.

An extensive range of motorcycle orientated books, toys, models, badges, patches and memorabilia
    are available for sale at the museum gift shop.

Route & Duration:
    Broadmeadow Maccas -> Sandgate -> Pacific Highway -> Bulahdelah for Lunch ->
    Bulahdelah Coolongalook Freeway -> Pacific Highway -> Nabiac. -> return the same way.

From Bulahdelah an alternate route could be Wootton way which is the old section of the Pacific H/way replaced by the free way.

The trip one way is approximately 140K and take about 2 hours. Setting aside 1 hour for stops and
    3hr at the museum we should be back in Newcastle around 5:00pm

Approx cost/ lunch:
    Museum enter $12.00 adults + lunch money

If you have any questions or would like to let me know you are coming
    please email me buzzawak@hotmail.com
  2. Bucketts way or Lakes way would make for a more interesting ride don't you think?

I'll be in Newy with my bike, but not til a week later, spewin'.

Have fun :grin: