Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

newby from Surry Hills NSW

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by timax, Jan 26, 2015.

1. New to the forum and new to bikes.
    My wife and i are excitedly starting a new phase of our lives. I have just turned 50 and she is not far behind.
    We have been car people for years and find ourselves out there on "biker" roads in our little PRB (Lotus 7) , no doors no roof no windscreen no heater , basically a motorcycle with 4 wheels.
    We are finding that many of our future OS trips that we would like to do would be way better on a bike and so have just taken the first steps in that direction. Both of us are on our "L's" and we have a little twist and go Vespa. Great fun and i think despite what other bikes will end up it the backyard there will always be a spot for a scooter. Just too easy for around the city.
    My ultimate collection would be a 1970's Honda C90 Cub (had one for short time) , my schoolboy dream of a Moto Guzzi 850 Cafe Racer and the practical adventure tourer of course , the BMW GS 1200.
    One step at a time!

2. Oh great, those inner city types are moving in - there goes the neighbourhood :p

Welcome from Zetland!
  3. Welcome!
  4. Welcome to the forum!
  5. welcome aboard :] to u both