Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by hosa85, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Hi ya everyone , been out of the bike game for a few years and just waiting to by a new bike as I'm finally getting rid of ford after buying the new family car . Looking at a small CC bike to avoid the rego and insurance costs one dollar per cc I'll save money this way and I'm short as hell so something small so I can touch the ground would be good

Just trying to choose between the YZF R125 or the CBR125R
  2. Welcome :) - noob i be too - first thing you will hear from most is avoid a 125cc. End of the day its your choice. but the costs for my vtr250 (rego/insurance) are similar to the costs of my wifes cbr125r. Not a huge difference, but there are many factors age, experience etc that can impact those figures. As for the CBR125r, lets just say my wife is a petite girl and after 6 months of riding to and from work on the cbr125r, she wants to upgrade to a 250 due to the so called lack of power she feels. :)
  3. welcome to NR,

if u thinking abt 125s.. eva thought about Aprilia rs 125??? good 2 stroke bike.. which will keep you riding more & more,,

4. Thanks Pgriz , yeah I am only looking for small commuting , not worried about speed etc
    And I'm short enough most 125cc I'll need lowering kits

Speedy300zx - the aprilia was what I wanted and have had before but the nearest place willing to service it is about 1200 km away so it is more a forced choice thing between the Honda or yamaha .

I really love the KTM 125 duke . But I was disappointed to hear it will not be part of the 2012 lineup