Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Spinks, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hello all, I have been riding off and on for over forty years and my current steed is a Ducati Monster. I enjoy the freedom of riding but regretfully I can no longer travel long distances, so my two wheel excursions tend to be of the just going down the shops type of thing.

2. Hiya Spinks, welcome!

Which shops do you ride to? (ie...where tf are ya?)
  3. Hi Luke, thanks for the welcome. I generally ride to Weston, Woden, Phillip, sometimes Fyshwick... just browsing type shopping, or coffee and occasionally real errands!
  4. Hello Spinks. Nice to have along.

Bit chilly to be riding to those places at the moment. And you want to watch out for sliding R1s around Fyshwich - doesn't he Tak?

I used to have to ride my dragster up and over the hill on Hindmash Drive, from Hughes to Narabundah every morning for a few months. I take it as a matter of principal to get into three digits imperial going up that hill these days. It's not something that happens often, now that I've settled in Brisbane, but I pop in and say hello to the old girl every couple of years.
  5. /me nods to the newbie.