Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Asareon, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Hey all.

I've been riding for 3 years on the road now (add another year if you count motorcross), so I'm onto my green p's this month, whoohoo!! I had a cbr250rr first, a heavily modified streetfighter bomb. The sound that thing made was unbelievable, many thought I had a 600 or bigger! haha.

Now I figured I'd start off by getting some sympathy points haha.
    I've had my fzr250rr getting repaired after an unfortunate incident consisting of night-time, roundabouts and a dog (guess the rest). It's nearing completion, but still in need of mirrors.

It's a fun little pocket rocket, but for me im looking at getting something a bit more long distance and cruisy, so lately the Honda Daeuville has got my love.

So, what do the veterans of netrider think? I'm hoping a friendly forum member will point me in the direction of some original 3ln1 white mirrors, and any comments on sports tourers for lams or the Deauville?

2. Hi, welcome to NR :)
  3. GSX650F's are LAMS and often get decent write ups as far as Tourers go. Pretty damn good value too. Might pay to have a look at a Ninja 650r also. Not so much of a tourer, but a pretty comfortable bike nonetheless.
  4. Thanks for reading the drawn out story, haha

I was very close to buying a gsx650f last year, but I decided not to because I didnt want to take a loan out to get it. Since then my girlfriend has taken an interest in touring with me, and having her around has calmed me down from my 180kmph+.

So I'm looking for a comfortable easy going twin. I've only had inline 4's so far, and I'm keen to try something different after testing a friends kz400. So far I havent come across anything that really fits the bill apart from the deauville
  5. GSX650FU is the LAMS variant.
    The standard GSX650F is not LAMS.

Oh, and welcome Asa.
  6. Welcome to the forum.
  7. Yeah sorry, I meant gsx650fu. I was really disappointed when I found out that the lams was only in blue and white.
  8. Nothing wrong with riding a full-noise version that looks like it's LAMS... ;)
  9. Haha nice. I thought of that as well, just a little bit of blue and white paint and youre good to go...