Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by nevermorexvs650, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Hello,
    My names is Mark, I live in brisbane and I've only just my license and my first bike in dec last year, so I've still got a lot to learn and experiance but at least I know that! I bought a 2010 xvs650 custom. The only thing I see wrong with riding is that I didn't start earlier in my life, haha. I didn't get a bike to save money on fuel or because of traffic, I bought one because I just love riding, the freedom, the smell(of nature surrounds), the sights, the sounds, everything about it, I've just fallin' in love with it all. I'm sure most riders feel the same!
    I'm thinking about bobbing my ride but still deciding options etc, we shall see.
    Well just wanted to say hello, I have been reading the forum since I was thinking about getting a bike and figure it's time to make a contribution

2. Welcome to the forum Mark! Glad to hear you decided to join after lurking around for so long! :p

I got a bike also because I've always wanted to. Now I regret not getting one as soon as I could have (although it was good to get just under 2 years experience on the road in a car beforehand).

Hopefully you'll enjoy the Brisbane meetings - I know there are plenty in Melbourne! :D

3. Welcome to NR Mark. Mind those smells ... sometime the manure overpowers the flowers :D , but its still great to be out and about.

4. Weclome, Mark :)

Lotsa 650 riders here

(I had the original Yamaha 650 back in '79, but that was a very different device :LOL:)

5. Hi Mark and welcome to Netrider. Enjoy the forum.

6. Welcome and enjoy the forum,

7. Thanks very much everyone, will be doing a few mods so will be posting some progress pics in that section

8. G'day mate.
    Good tk hear about the 650.

I'll be keeping an eye out for mods progress. 

Looking forward to it