Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by WaiNLyn, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Hi all, after many years I finally decided to get my license, did the pre-Ls LOVED IT!! got my Ls.. now going to buy my scooter - Madass125 to zip around the streets of the city :)

Just wanted to introduce myself, get to know people, heed advice and all things.
    Must admit i'm a little scared but excited! please say hi, it'll be nice to meet people

2. Greetings and welcome to Netrider!

I hope to be in the same situation as you on monday, finished pre-Ls and have learners in my pocket.

Planning to get a small cruiser to have fun on myself :)

There so much great advice on here, and lots of encouragement from more experienced folk, its great!
  3. I know what you mean!! I did the course with a couple of friends. so we're ALL going to get bikes :) but i think two of them are going to get VTR250s.. or want to anyway... i figured i'd start with something small first :)
  4. VTR250's are cool little machines and seem to be everywere.

I have a Honda lead 100 scooter and i have only ridden it a few times since i find scooters supper uncomfortable.
  5. oh why do you find scooters uncomfortable? just curious :)

VTRs are pretty nice.. i ike em in red :)

6. Just feels like im ridding my dining room chairs and their should be a plate of food sitting in front of me.
  7. Ah, that's why they are "supper" uncomfortable then? :grin:

I have to be honest WaiNLyn, I had to look up exactly what a Madass 125 was...funky looking things! They look like you should be able to fold em up and pop in the boot of the car :)

Just did our first day of pre-learners today at Loftus. We were on some Daelim 125s from Korea which were pretty light and easy to ride, which is lucky since you spend a lot of time just pushing them around :)
  8. Also for newer riders look in the nsw rides and events section, some netriders do a great job running a learners practice session out homebush every saturday
  9. Welcome to Netrider, and the whole 'two wheels' thingo :LOL:.
  10. went to see one yesterday but didnt' look as good as i'd hoped, made an offer but he's thinking about it.. so we'll see. Went to the MCA in Auburn toda.. tried on some helmets hehe and jackets..
    so so fun