Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie zxr250c

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Maccatheclown, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Hey so I had a rusty commodore sitting around and I found a swap for zxr250c with a box of spare parts...

BEST THING I EVER DID!!! I may never own another car again, now I'm really new to this got my learners a couple of days ago so now it's time to dive into the bike

So far I've replaced the voltage reg and part of the loom (was burnt) made a mount for the front indicator as it was hanging, put some fresh fuel in it and now she starts (bump start or jump start only) thinking I need a new battery now and it should be good to go in for a roady :) if anyone's got any advice for me on my bike or just as a new rider hit me up :)
  2. welcome aboard :] make sure its roadworthy, and theres lots of info and fun to be found here
  3. Welcome Macca, good move on getting a bike. Hope you get it registered and on the road soon. Have you tried charging the battery with an external charger first before you replace it?
  4. Yeah I took it out and gave it a good charge, it runs and rides great it just doesn't seem to crank hard enough, it starts instantly every time I jumpstart it, and it bump starts easy as when warm, it developed a new gremlin today :/ the headlight wouldn't stay on it would come on and go off and come on again and then flicker any idea what would cause this? It happens on both low and high beam