Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie with a few Q's

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Ursas Veritas, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I'm new to the road bike scene, been on dirt bikes since I was about 8 though and own a WR450f. I have a few questions, I am looking at getting a cbr250rr and was wondering what rpm they sit on at 100km/h? Also i'm 6 foot and 105kg's and am I going to struggle to ride this bike, if so any suggestions as to what to get? I'm in QLD and on my L's for another few weeks aswell if that helps with laws. Cheers

2. Hi there,

When i was looking for my first bike and sat on the cbr250rr i found it very small. (im 6 foot 3, 110kg) I ride a GSF250 bandit, and although still small its much more comfortable than the cbr.
    From what i hear, the VTR250 is a great bike to get too, and a bigger of the 250's.

Cheers

3. The larger 250s are those which are simply 400s with a smaller engine, like the Suzuki Bandit or Across. The VTR is small in comparison with either of these.
    Might also want to look at the other nakeds like the Yamaha Zeal, Kawasaki Balius or 250 Hornet - you'll probably find the upright riding position a lot more comfortable and they offer just as much performance (the Hornet and CBR share the same engine).
    As for what rpm at 100 - with the right sprockets you can make that anything you want. ;)

4. I would suggest you take a look at the hyosung 250s, they are bigger bikes. Although I am not sure on how that brand is holding up now? I think they are much better than they used to be.

number 1 choice from the big 4 would be a hornet I think. nice bigger bike. Nakeds will be much more comfortable.

5. Thanks for the help everyone. RED ZX when you say hornet are you talking about the imported cb250f hornet?

6. yeah mate thats the one.

Its a bigger bike in general, and also had added advantages such as better tyre sizes to allow some better rubber.

basic hornet info