Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie Vic zzr250

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by PhoenixE, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Hi Guys and Girls,

My friend recently bought a zzr250 Kawasaki and I'm posting on his behalf, as he is Brazilian and not that comfortable with English. He has owned and rode bikes in Brazil and tells me its much better here, safer, compared to crazy for riders.

He is presently taking the bike to VicRoads to get registered after getting a roadworthy certificate last week. Didn't get a lot of information or history from the last owner about the bike, who was a young guy, though it seems like factory stock. When my friend wants something and gets an idea in his head.... look out! lol

About me!
    I'm definitely more mechanically minded than him, own a couple of HZ holdens and had various other 1970's era vehicles that I worked drove. I will be leaving any of my friends bike repairs upto my friend to sort out, though if I can provide advice or information then I will learn something too. I did get my L's many years ago, though wasn't in a financial position to buy a bike so it expired. However, since my friend purchased one, I'm seriously reconsidering one for myself in the near future.

Last few years I was doing a lot of km's between Melbourne and living in the country for work and getting around in a powerless little Holden Astra TS (CD) 4 door. The ABS module went on it last December but finally got around to removing last week for reconditioning. I'm back living near Melbourne and loving it, finally starting to enjoy life again, but feel I'm missing something.....perhaps a bike. Both my old holdens need a lot of TLC before they are roadworthy once more, however my panelvan is a long term project that I'm happy to work on slowly.

Hope your all having a rippa day.

2. welcome to Netrider Jesse and Phoenix :)
  3. Thanks David
  4. G'day PhoenixEPhoenixE, welcome to Netrider.
  5. welcome aboard :)
  6. Welcome :cool:, bikes are calling your name budski! ;)