Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

newbie to Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by mudbunny, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Hello,
    My name is Bree & I'm new to Melbourne. So far I have been on two rides (ride for the hills & Thurs night) & met some wonderful people. Currently I ride a k8 gsxr600 but still a bit wonky after an accident a few years back.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and making new riding buddies. And trying to figure out this right turn from a left lane thing in the city! :shock:

(The shy one in the corner biting her nails) :oops:
  2. Welcome Bree. Hook turns are not as hard as they appear. Don't stress, you'll get it.
  3. Hi Bree and welcome. If you managed to handle the Ride for the Hills you should be right riding in a group. :) Have a think about coming on the Chocolate Mill ride.

Good roads and chocolate as a reward at the end. That should entice anyone. ;)

Hook turns are a strange Melbourne thing, they can be a bit daunting at first but you will get used to them.
  4. Welcome to netrider bree :)
  5. welcome to Netrider Bree :)

What suburb you live in?

you will find there are friendly netriders almost everywhere :)
  6. thanks guys.
    I have just moved to Altona. The chocolate factory ride sounds enticing :grin:
  7. Welcome to Melbourne Bree - great place to live and has some pretty good riding country within easy reach as a bonus.
    Above all else though welcome to the hallowed and hushed :shock: halls of NR.
    One more thing - Why Mudbunny? The mind boggles :!:
  8. Gal to gal, welcome, Bree :grin:

If you're brave enough to have a go at the Thursday MR and Melb's weird hook turns',
    you shouldn't be the one in the 'corner' biting her nails :wink:
  9. Hi Bree. Welcome to NR.
  10. Hi Bree

Mudbunny = Mud Cake & Chocolate Bunnies, right?

Oh by the way, Welcome to Mexico!
  11. ha ha something like that!
    Thanks :grin: they are indeed friendlier south of the border!