Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie to forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MoruyaLyn, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Hello all. New to this forum and only been riding 18months. Took me to get to 48yrs old and almost empty nester to start spending my money on what I want, and am loving riding on two wheels. Now, don't be hating on me if I tell you I'm riding a Vespa 250GTSie at the moment. I'v found it a great way to begin on 2 wheels with just the throttle to worry about, but I promise I am getting a real bike when I grow up. I haven't decided though yet if I want a racing type bike like a Kawasaki Ninja, or a cruiser like a Suzuki V Star or even a Suzuki Boulevard. It's all very new but so much fun, and I'm learning so much from helpful people like the Netrider forumites. We're all sharing the passion.

2. Hi Lyn, what a fabulous place you are lucky enough to live in!!
    Dig in and roam around here, heaps to read and lots of valuable info.....
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nothing wrong with Vespa 250s in my book. Welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. welcome aboard :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Damn nice bike! Welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hi Lyn. Welcome. Question for you - how do you get rid of the stragglers who won't leave home? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Well it helps to live in a regional area that provides very little in the way of jobs or study etc for the kids. They HAVE to move away from home. I'll give the youngest a little bit more time in the nest for now though.
  8. Thank you all for the welcome and for all the advice you give those of us still on our training wheels.
  9. Welcome aboard Lyn! Have fun!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I'll send my boys to you and you can teach them how to leave home. And you thought you'd joined a motorcycle forum!!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome :) vespas are adorable!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Quoted for truth. Where is the little bugger by the way, very quiet of late.
  13. He's become a real estate tycoon and just had p0rn internet installed into his new mansion.
  14. Also, welcome MoruyaLyn.
    Sorry for the thread de-rail - Goonie business.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome from another NSW South Coast resident.

16. Quoted for triple truth.

and yarp - selling my house for a profit and then buying a bigger more expensive one =D

lyn...welcome....lovely little pocket of the state you've landed yourself in - if you ever need help with anything don't hesitate to start a thread asking a question (or find the appropriate thread to ask said question in)
  17. Excellent on both counts.

18. Well according to your meme, you like to have a few drinks…Which means you are a party girl...

Party girls are hot. Haha. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1