Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie spada questions

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Guest, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Hi everyone,

this is my first post as I have only just recently joined :)

For my first bike I am thinking of getting a Spada and have some questions.

I would be interested in the cheap one in the bikes for sale section but I can't PM the owner as I have not posted 5 or more times :(

Does anyone know if it is till for sale as I can't contact the owner :?:

Anyway,

Q1 - Do oggy knobs make some to suit the spada or does the later VTR250 ones fit :?:

Q2 - Do ventura make a bag rack that fits the bike as well :?:

Sorry for all the newbie questions that probably have been asked before but I am still learning my way around the web site :oops:

I tried the link to the Spada web site that is on here but it doesn't seem to be working :(

Cheers in advance for any help.

2.  Top
  3.  Top
  4. Thanks port80,

I think I must be doing something wrong.

When I went to the web site you sent me all I got was a page that said "Totalise Free User Web Space" and went no further :(

Am I doing something wrong :?:

cheers

5. Thanks petertadhg,

all I could find listed was a VT 250c, FD, FE, FG and FN

Are any of these the spada :?:

cheers

6. Ventura doesn't make a standard one for the Spada, you have to slightly mod the standard one. Also IMO the rack looks a little out of place on the Spada, due to the size. If you ain't pillioning (which you probably won't be on the Spada) another option is soft saddlebags (around $100)

7. Or a seat bag or a tank bag. Tank bags have the advantage of centering the load on the bike when you carry luggage so I reckon they're better than racks personally. However, you do have to take them off when you refuel.

8. 'Gange': welcome to the site.

i got the seat bag from ventura and that suits me well. if need be i sometimes carry a backpack. like 'kaer' said there's no standard rack for the spada unless you're handy with a welder;)

9. twainhate / Seany / Kaer,

thanks for the advice :grin:

It seems I will have to track down these other alternatives and see which one suits me the best

cheers :)

10.  Top
  11. Thanks for all the info Pete,

gives me some more stuff to go off of :grin:

cheers