Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie requiring advice

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by roads75, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Hi all, I am new to the scooter scene and would like some advice as to what scooter I should head for as my first one. I will be riding max 80kms and I'm in Victoria. So many out there on the market- been looking around but wanted some info from those in the know! Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon
    Cheers :grin:

2. I always sing the praises of the old postie, but then that's not quite a scooter. I'm permanently in love with Vespas in general. What money are you looking to spend, how long do you hope to keep it, is it going to be your only transport? Others on this forum will know more than I, but *some* of the cheap brandes are cheap for a reason and will give you grief, though most are good and mostly it's a matter of what style you're going for, what areas you'll be riding through, etc. For my two cents, get a larger capacity scooter (150cc or moreso 200cc). It's not just about top speed, it matters moreso how fast you can get to that speed - that's a real safety issue on a bike.