Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie on scooter

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by LongK, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. #1 LongK, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Hi everyone. After many , many years started riding again. Hope is not to late. A year ago or so I got this crazy idea to get a scooter (to old for a motorbike?). I did get Bolwell Arriba 125 and learn (again) my "trade" on it. Soon discovered it isn't enough (lack of power). Changed to Yamaha Majesty 250 and polished my skills. Very good ride. Done 6000 -7000 km on it and changed again. This time is a big one - Suzuki Burgman 650. It has everything: power , speed and comfort. Gladly would get in touch with other scooter owners, I have plans but about this perhaps later. For now, regards to all wishing you warmth in winter and stay upright.

2. welcome aboard :)

3. Howdy and welcome to NR! :happy:

4. Welcome to the forum

5. Welcome :cool:

6. G'day and welcome, those Burgmans are a beast of a scooter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. G'day, welcome to the group mate. Never too old for a motorcycle, I'll be 60 next birthday and I know a hell of lot of riders who are a damn sight older than me who are still riding, saying that though if big scooters are you're thing then the BMW C650s are good or even go over the top with the Aprillia 850 scooter ;)

8. Thank you Guys. 650cc is the the biggest I'm allowed to ride. Still very happy :).

9. :)

10. Welcome. We should call you scooterama.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Thanks :)

12. Good on you LongKLongK
    Talk about a progressing on a scooter! Many people don't even do that many kms on their bikes! Lol

Welcome to the forum :)

13. will be an interesting trip to WA on the 'burger'!

14. Welcome LongKLongK
    Enjoy.

15. G'day and enjoy.

I suppose a maxi scooter like a Burgman isn't too bad.

16. #17 LongK, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Hey, thanks, enjoyment is the word:). Burgman is called RollsRoyce of scooters , ha ha :) I would not go thus far but it is a reaper.

17. What it kills you.........

18. To be politically correct, it assists your transition into the afterlife.

and to the OP, Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  19. You're missing a ce off your Rolls Roy