Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie on a Teknic 2pc suit, jacket length differences

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jeff_o, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Gday mates,

I've been riding for years with motorcycle leather jackets only (no pants)... I mean just regular jeans LOL! just few months ago I bought a 2pc Teknic suit size 40 (for weekends and long rides) and maybe i was a bit skinnier then it fitted fine. Now i felt it's a little short and tight on me plus the jacket looks really short.

they say the same model chicane jacket vs. chicane jacket on a suit is cut differently. 2pc suit jackets are shorter so that the pants are longer and it'll be more comfortable? can someone explain how?

I read RST makes 2 piece suits where you can use the jacket on it's own as it is cut longer. Now i'm thinking of getting rid of this Teknic to get an RST suit so I can use the RST jacket by itself sometimes.

Aside from RST, does anyone know any other brand that makes 2pc leather suits with the jacket cut longer? cheers!
  2. I guess a jacket that is designed to be worn as a 2 piece suit is shorter to prevent the leather near your hips from bunching up when bending over.
    I got a RST jacket and it is cut pretty short and their other leather jackets look to be similar length.

A lot of brands make longer cut jacket, all you need to do is look at the pictures

For example the jacket above you can see that the back is longer than the front, that mean it's can be worn by itself.

If you want to stick with Teknic, I think the Teknic Mercury is a pretty good length. If you want longer than that you probably need a touring style jacket or something like that.
  3. what rst model do you have? i used to have an RST rift.
  4. Mine is the RST Razor. The length in the front and back are the same.
  5. ok i have decided to just sell my teknic chicane and get an RST. seems like RST jackets are cut longer than full fledged 2pc suits.