Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie on a Kwaka

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Muppet, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Though i might pop in and say Hi.

25yr old who just got my Ls and brand new Ninja650. Thought id join to get a little bike knowledge, I was a light vehicle mechanic but now stuff all about bikes so thought this would be a great place to learn and find out about rides ect.

Hope to see a few of you around the forums and maybe the streets of Melbourne

2. Welcome mate. That's a Schmick bike. Working on bikes is pretty basic stuff really, especially for a car mechanic. Have fun
  3. welcome aboard :]
  4. Welcome to the forum and a lifetime of addiction!
  5. Welcome Muppet, It's a nice bike.
    Where are you based ? And What type of riding are you into ?
    There's a stack of rides on through Jan and Feb., plus all the regular weekend rides.
  6. Well i live in sunbury but im the kind of guy who once drove to SA for a random solo cruise for no reason at all. So yeah I get out alot all over metro Vic so there is no local lol.
    Right now the type of rider is simply not ending up under another car as i only have a couple days experience on the road.

Once i get that confidence up id be really into the twists. bit of black spur ect.
  7. I know a couple of groups planning around the bay rides later this month if you're interested. Netrider are running one on the 17th, and there's another the following week.
  8. Welcome Muppet.
    What a great moniker. What a show...

Anyway, before I get all misty eyed for the 70's, here's my 2c ...

With all due respect to Stever42, IMO it's good the have some miles under your wheels before attempting group rides.

In the right group, your riding may improve, but there's always the flip side of riders of various skill levels being nearby resulting in potential for distraction and bad things to happen.
  9. Yeah i know what u mean. I might not actually go on any group rides until im off my Ls and have a little more experience.
    Iv been on plenty of car cruises and this is all to true.

but in a few months when im off Ls ill deff consider it.
  10. Don't let me dissuade you from group rides for too long. The trick is to pick a ride that suits you. Short to begin with, longer as you improve.

Quite often 'Learner Friendly' rides happen and they can be fun AND educational. In the end, if you feel uncomfortable with any group, there's always the option of breaking off and going your own way.

No different to everyday social life, really.