Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie, North Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Phil C, Jul 18, 2016.

1. I live in Brisbane and just bought a 2005 Triumph Speedmaster which needs tidying up.
    I haven't had a bike in Australia since 2000, although I rode a bike around Saigon for 10 years (came back to Brisbane 4 years ago).
    So the Speedmaster is a bit of a project for me, and I would welcome any comments re best places to get Triumph parts and repairs in Brisbane. Or on-line places for non-urgent items.

2. Welcome to the forum mate.

Please post up some pictures once you are able to (you need a certain number of posts etc). Would love to see the project taking shape
  3. Welcome mate, cool project :cool:
  4. Well, I'm not planning anything too drastic, but the angle grinder will be coming out over the next couple of weeks - mostly cosmetic work
  5. Cosmetic work with an angle grinder! I'd like to see that. :woot: Welcome to NR Phil CPhil C.
  6. Yes. I'll try to keep the grinder away from the tank and the electrics
  7. Welcome Phil CPhil C , and good luck with this project bike :)
    You should be able to find plenty of useful info on the site; just needs a bit of digging about!

See you upright :)
  8. Thanks Valvoline. I certainly wouldn't want to go horizontal on a Speedster
  9. gday Phil CPhil C and welcome to NR! as George says please get some pics up when you can, most of us here are voyeurs.
  10. G'day PhilCPhilC, welcome to Netrider.
  11. welcome aboard :)