Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie needs help

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by trinity, Aug 17, 2007.

1. So this is probably the wrong place to post this, but I'm needing help, quick. Had a deal to buy a 96 GPX 250R with 60000kms on the clock. It's in good nik & I've previously borrowed it a few months ago & it was great for me. Thing is the guy i was buying it from wanted $2000 with 12 months reg, now he wants $2000 & it's reg is up next month, I thought it was a steal to start with, is it still? I'm supposed to pay for & get bike tonight so if anyone can get back to me that would be great.

2. Have u found out how much it is gunna cost to rego? Oh and welcome.
  3. Yep near enough $400
  4. It's not that cheap with that many km on it, and if it needs anything for RWC, then it is no bargain at all.
  5. It has RWC
  6. Welcome to NR.. If it has proper RWC then maybe its worth it. Has serious k's on it though.. Might be best not to rush in . :?
  7. Thx for the advice guys....I'm negotiating!
  8. It will do double those kms if maintained well. But obviously the higher the kms the more things will need to be replaced. Best bet is to take it to a mech and ask what needs doing and what might need doing in the future.

That will help you negotiate.