Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie needs advice on Suzuki Across 250

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Kane Mortlock, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Hi all,

checking out bikes for my first bike at the moment, (L's course on Tuesday!) :D I'm planning on doing a fair bit of freeway riding, so fairing is a must.

I'd like some advice on the Across 250 as a first bike. What do people think of this bike? I remember hearing some rumours a few years back (one of my bike cravings that didn't eventuate) that the luggage tank is uncomfortable, any truth to it?

Any and all information and advice concerning this bike would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Kane. :)
  2. The luggage tank uncomfortable? If anything, with it being a skinnier 'tank' than most 250's, you don't notice it at all. I have had my Across for 4 years now and have no plans to upgrade, it does me fine and apart from not having the extra CC's I would like every now and then, it's a great bike.
    Where abouts are you located? Come down to one of the coffee nights and you are more than welcome to have a sit on my bike to check the comfort level :)

You might find a few people here on the forums bagging out the Across but in all seriousness, it's only in good fun ;)
  3. Oops, forget coffee, it might be a little far :D
  4. I ride one and think it's quite a good two-fiddy to learn on. Find it rather comfortable to sit on, and its boot is very useful!

Could use a bigger fuel tank though.