Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

newbie needing some help

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by serafina, Aug 8, 2006.

1. You might remember my post about the Katana earlier regarding mileage...well i'm still interested in it and seeking a bit of help.
    I was wondering if an experienced bike person might be able to inspect it for me? I really don't know what to look for :(
    The bike is located at Close Motorcycles Redfern. If you're in the area, i would be extremely grateful for any opinions on the bikes condition.

I'm off to have a look on saturday, but as i said, i really need an experienced eye to have a look.

Can anyone help??? I hope this isn't an unreasonable request, i just didn't know how else to go about it as i don't know anyone bike orientated.

2. Heres a good place to ask for help, possibly great help. But don't forget about your friend "Google"

I have trouble keeping up with my own bikes, let alone any other models. Google it and read all about problems people have had with your chosen model.

Read all about what past owners have to say about the bike to get a good idea of what to look for.
  3. Sera, not many recent Jap bikes will have specific problems (there are exceptions though!).

Most of the things you should be looking for will be applicable to most 2nd hand bikes, read up as much as you can!
  4. Nothing much wrong with any Kat :)
  5. I could possibly check it out for you, I go past there most days.