Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie Member - Exhaust RWC - Old bike

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Parkesyfitzroy, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Hi guys, been reading this forum for a few weeks and have finally decided to contribute!

I recently passed my learner permit and just purchased my second motorcycle, the first was a Yamaha PW50 when I was only 6 ha! Im hoping to meet with some like minded people in the future, learn more about the mechanics side of things as well as the best places to go in Victoria (I'm from the UK but moved here last year).

The bike I purchased is a 1988 Honda Steed VLX 400. I believe this to be the Asian version of the classic Honda Shadow but some of you probably know about it a lot more than me! The guy before me has however taken the baffles out of the exhaust making it the loudest thing ever. That also means it won't be passing its roadworthy! If anyone has any tips on what exhaust to get and where to get it from I would appreciate it! Its proving difficult and I'm pretty worried I won't be able to source one….

BTW - Yes I know I'm foolish for buying a bike which didn't come with a RWC…..

Cheers everyone :)