Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie meetup service thing

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Wypuk, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Hey all i need to service my bike like oil and sparks and brake fluid and stuff
    so i was thinking if any like minded who dont know much about bikes (or do and are willing to help out hehe) want to meet up on a w/e and have a play with our lil 250s

this is a random thing so if there are any takers plz lets do this
    i dont even know which oil i need :p

2. if you can;t find anyone in melbourne to do this with, ask around for what mechanics are good in the area. my one is great, very friendly. i went in and asked if i could watch him service it etc, hang around every now and again, and so bit by bit i am picking everything up. i now know how to bend a front fairing back into position, streetfighter a bike, oil, lightbulbs, i managed to change the master cylinder and bleed my own front brakes over the phone with him :) anyway, good luck i hope you have fun doing it. also,
    is a good sight that adds a little humour to basic maintenance, with lots of pictures.
  3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    I love the little G.I Joe....very well done. I love this site..thanks
  4. Ahh cheers sounds like a plan
    i really like the idea of streetfightering a bike. espiecially mine
    any1 done a GPx as a streetfighter, well apart from people that have stacked?
  5. Thanx jafu i would but the problem is i work on friday nights so its abit hard to get to :(
    hopefully during semester break around july i want to come out for a cruise with the net rider crew koz ive been a lurker for ages and i want to put alias to face :)
    again thanx
  6. also another site wich i ofund very helpful relating to bikes is this one
    mostly cruiser riders, but the stuff being discussed is usually quite generic.