Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie looking for riders

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Chippa, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Hey all,
    Very useful forum, did much research here before buying my bike. Didn't happen to sway my drcision in my purchase however. But still very useful. Sounds like you are all great bunch of people.
    Anyhow i've now got my ZX2R, had it about a month and having heaps of fun. However find it a bit boring riding by myself. So if there is anyone around the Pascoe Vale area who wants to go for a ride let me know, cause i'm keen.

Cheers Chippa

2. Sorry mate, my bike don't float! :roll:

But if your ever in Tas, look us up
    I'm told its "twisty heaven" down here, but I've only had a bike since saturday, so what would I know. :wink:

JJ

3. There are plenty of ride days here but if you are looking further afield there are many clubs. HRCA organises some events as does CM (Christian Motorcyclists) etc. Plenty out there, jst bowse

4. Heya,
    Glad to hear your happy with your bike.. Pitty your not in Brisbane

Lisa :twisted:

5. if your ever over the geelong side of melbourne lemme know dude i'll come riding

6. It's been a month and a half for me, and I find I'm quite content with riding on my own. I find it gives me a lot more freedom in terms of how much I'm pushing myself. There's the occasional times I find someone else doing the same course I'm doing, so we just do laps taking turns following each other, so I can compare how I'm doing, and tips on what I'm doing wrong.

7. Hi Chippa,

I am a bit hopeless at doing last minute kind of rides ... Now that I am a member on here I think I will post my last minute kind of rides and that way if anyone is at a lose end they might like to come along. Mostly I ride from Belgrave to Pt Melb or St Kilda and then go for a putter along the beach road to Frankston etc.

For me .. I prefer to ride with others .. it's a personal choice thing I guess.

Anyway .. we might hook up one day... till then, enjoy and keep yer knees in the breeze.

Taz :)