Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie insurance question

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by I'm Simon, Nov 29, 2006.

1. I know that this is probably a hard question to answer but what sort of cost will I be looking at to insure (full comp) a 2000 ZZR250. I am rating 1 cage driver but obviously a learner on the bike. I would like to insure bike & gear, prolly all up around $6,500 replacement value. Obviously I will shop around but was interested to know what I should expect ball park wise.

2. Give CGU a call. 13 15 32. they are kinda like swann, but you can go direct, not through a broker.
  3. Hopper, I asked the same question to my car insurer (rating 1) about 2 months ago. A bit over $500 with AAMI.

As far as I know, Swann offer about the best deal and that's who I've insured my motorbike with. I could be incorrect but that's what my research showed.

My friend gets the best deal from Shannons for her CBR250RR so they might be worth asking as well. Shannons were more expensive than others for me. Maybe the Ls had a lot to do with it.
  4. Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it.
  5. Hey mate,

Learner - Forget Shannons, They wont touch you. I have had several modified vehicles insured with them over the last last 6 years and am rating 1 Car insurance. They pretty much told me to forget it unless you ride your bike once a month or maybe considered if mature age with full licesnces, no history.

My AAMI quote was approx $500 as was metioned above..

I ended up going with Western QBE was approx $350, Full comp.

My Bike is a 2002 ZZR250.