Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

newbie in the house!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by kursed, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hey guys / girls,
    just wanted to say Hi! I have been reading up on all things 2 wheeled on this site for a few weeks preparing myself for the decision to give up the cage (see, got the lingo down already!) and get on something more fun.

I have booked my pre L's at St Ives (Sydney btw) for in a few weeks, so lets hope it all goes well!

I've had a lot of fairly fast cars but I find them pretty $$ to maintain and modify, so I think I will be happy with a bike since you all talk so much about how every ride is usually fun (barr the thundering down with rain rides) where I currently find most of my driving / commuting to be a dull affair.

So I have sold the Skyline and am now researching sports or naked bikes that will suit me for the period of my L's and P's.

See you round everyone!

p.s. I will be looking for L platers to ride with on the north shore of syd in a month or 2 once I (hopefully) have my license!
  2. welcome to NR luke...
  3. welcome luke.....

i could make obvious jokes about the force being with you, but i won't....someone else will i'm sure...
  4. Skyline eh?

You will be getting a cbr250rr or a zx2r.

I'm on my Ps but will ride with you nonetheless :grin: Mccarrs creek :tantrum:
  5. Welcome Luke :grin:

Plenty to read about here.

Good luck with the licence test

6. thanks everyone!

lol i've been pigeon-holed already!! hahaha. I am looking at GPX250's and VTR250's among others for my learner bikes. I'll wait for a bit more experience before going for a fully faired / expensive bike I think!
  7. Haha, fair enough. I've got the zzr (same engine, just flasher version of the gpx) and very much a fan of vtrs(especially with staintune exhaust :D)
  8. Welcome.

Yeah get a gpx 250 for your first bike and save your money. In 15 months you can buy a real bike and not a skyline on the road will be able to touch you. :grin:
  9. sounds good to me!!