Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ccs, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and have just joined so I thought I should introduce myself.

I get stressed at work and have four kids so I decided a couple of months ago that I needed some "me" time. How better to achieve that than to put on a helmet and go for a ride?

Some friends at work pointed me to Netrider so I lurked here for a while learning what I'd need to do to get a license, then went to Stay Upright in Hoppers Crossing and got my Ls. Great course BTW.

Then I bought a second hand, but almost new, GPX 250. Had a lady try to run me over at a round-about on my first day riding which was good practise for O.A.R., emergency stops and calm temperaments. Now I'm out practising regularly, usually in the evenings after work. I'm sure everyone who lives around Tarneit\Hoppers\Werribee has seen or heard me at some stage over the past three weeks!

Rode to work from Tarneit to the city along the Westgate this morning. I'm proud of myself for that!

Anyway, I have already found this to be a great site with many excellent posts and a good community behind it. I became a member last week and look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

2. Welcome aboard.
    There are a few on here from out your way.
    I bike would be the only way to do your commute.

3. I would say welcome to the nuthouse......but from the sounds of things you're living in one atm.... :LOL:

Enjoy the freedom that 2 wheels brings

Cheers stewy
  4. Welcome aboard Chris, glad to see that you are enjoying your riding.

I am in Hoppers, if ever you feel like riding with someone, shoot me a pm. I will probably make an effort to get to Wesside coffee on Monday night, if you feel like coming along let me know, we could ride down together.
  5. Welcome.

One of our beloved leaders, Vic, lives out in Tarneit as well.

You should have a read of this to get the Netrider Member logo to display below your name.
  6. Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Thanks for the tip on the logo too, all sorted now :)

Simon - I won't be able to make it to this Monday night, but I'll PM you to go for a ride sometime. (I saw somewhere that I might have to post 20 times before PMing, we'll see how I go).
  7. No problem mate, anytime.
  8. Hello Chris and welcome.. :grin:
  9. Hi CCS, and thanks for reminding me to attach my mship to the forum too. Welcome to NR. Cheers Di