Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Union8, May 21, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    Wanted to say hello, as a newbie to Netrider. I have recently purchased a Honda CB500F and I am very happy with it. I am looking forward to getting involve in the organised ride on this site and meeting a like minded riders.

2. Welcome to Nutrider!
  3. Welcome. Fellow CB500F rider here. Had the bike for a year. Still like it. I look forward to meeting you on one of the rides.
  4. Hello @Union8@Union8. It was nice to meet you yesterday. Small world! Definitely drop in at the Saturday practice session sometime and get some tuition from Doug (@hawklord@hawklord) and Dave (@GreyBM@GreyBM, AKA Pappa Smurf). Have a chat to them about setting up for good lines around corners and roadcraft too. Ride carefully mate, and I'll see you when you swing by the office again. (y)
  5. Welcome, good choice in bike I got bored waiting for one to show up in the dealer.
  6. Thanks Danny on the advice on the entry lines practiced on the way home work brilliantly. As for the bike going really well and really happy with already done 750km in 3 weeks.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome @Union8@Union8. Those CBs do look nice for a first bike.

Hey @danny_tb@danny_tb , you trying to get to the newbies before @Uncle Greg@Uncle Greg? Haha :)
  8. @Union8@Union8 is a bloke, so @Uncle Greg@Uncle Greg wouldn't be interested. ;)

No worries Re: lines @Union8@Union8. I have more advice where that came from. Some of it useful, and some of it just plain old silly, but I think you'd know which is which! :wacky: