Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Newbie in Adelaide - Looking For a Naked 250 <$4500

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Az, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Hey all,
    my virgin post so go easy on me...

Going for my Ridersafe (L's) course this weekend. So i'm on the lookout for a bike, and i really like the look of the naked bikes. Limiting myself to a $4500 budget (for bike only, gear added expense).

Now the problem i'm faced with is that there are very few bikes that fit this profile in Adelaide, if any. Personally i would ideally like a Suzuki Bandit 250, but would also consider a Honda Spada 250. Haven't really looked at the Yamaha Zeal 250. And a VTR is too far out of price range for a first bike.

Now this poses a probem, the potential of buying a bike interstate without testing or looking over the bike before purchase. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Aaron.

2. Don't worry Az, I'm a proverbial n00b here too. Personally, I would say the Spada... but... well... I might have more than just a little bit of bias. I haven't ridden a Bandit 250 but have sat on one and to be honest, they feel very similar to the Spada and the VTR. Both the Bandit and Spada are great choices for a first bike, so you'll probably want to try both of them out before you settle on one. If price is a bit of a problem, I am almost certain that Bandits start at about $1000+ more than the Spadas. I got my Spada for $3,200 with a new set of Bridgstone's on it and 6 months rego from a guy privately, so shop around a bit and you might be able to get a better deal.

3. thanks mate.. only prob i've got is trying to find one in adeladie...

4. Just checked the tradingpost (tradingpost.com.au) they have a spada and a zeal listed there, unfort the zeal doesn't have a price, and it's a trader ad. The spada was 3k. I can't post a direct link unfortunately as tradingpost have retarded URLs.

The spada was in murray bridge though, so I don't know if that's too far for you to travel?

I too am in the market for a new bike, going a zx2r, I love the sports bikes :D

5. Just keep your eyes peeled. I found the same thing when i was looking for a 250 in january. I know people say dont go to the shops go private but i found that hard to work around. I went to the shops told em to keep a look out, found what i own today. I left her looking for a cheaper option but as you know its not as easy as i would of thought but in the end i went back with a mate knocked off stamp and rego and i was set. I bought a vtr250 was in love with the looks and the comfort. speed and thrills can come later, not to say that me babie wont drag most cars off at the lights,lol. Good call going the nakeds the insurance is way cheaper especially if you have the young age excess like me. bastards. Personally i prefer the twins but im am slightly bias, but since your a learner you wont be able to test, well good luck trying . therefore explain to a bike savy mate what you want in a bike. The bandits as far as i know revs higher goes harder, but the twins will sit at most rev range no probs. Let us know how you go, honda world on south rd have normally a good selection thats where i got the vtr. Open the yellow pages and have a look call round.